Monday, August 30, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Almost September and I am finally home for a few weeks.  Lee has been busy fishing down at my brotherand sister inlaws in Astoria.  Fishing was wonderful, catching not so good.  In one week of fishing they only got 3 keepers. I guess the catching has been pretty spotty.  I did catch a silver coho, but had to put it back because it was a native.  Lee did get a nice silver on his last day fishing and it weighed in at 15lbs.
Lee is off again to go to the sandy river for fishing at the mouth of the sandy for a week. He left this morning in the rain. I hope that isn't a promise of the weather to come in the valley.
I will be working in that jungle we call a tomatoe garden for the next few days.  I got the biggest green catapiler that I have ever seen yesterday. I was wondering what was eating all the leaves off the tomatoes. I have had several zucchini from the garden. When I returned home from Astoria I discovered that some little rodent liked my basil !  I was expecting to do a batch of pesto.  Maybe next year.  Below are a few pictures of Porter and Wyatt at the Prineville resevrvior playing in the water and sand. We had a great time!
That's about it for now. The sun is out and so I guess I have to go to the garden before the next rain shower.

1 comment:

Clint, Tanya, Dane and Kimber said...

looks like fun!!! Can't wait to see Nana soon!!!